Lemon is one of those few fruits which contains numerous properties with health benefits, it helps to strengthen the immune system, cleanse the stomach, and purifies the blood.
And these benefits include the treatment of indigestion, constipation, dental problems, throat infections, fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera, and high blood pressure.
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of lemon.
- Acne: Lemon contains citric acid which can be effective in treating acne. The vitamin C found in citrus fruits is vital for that healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. Apply the fresh lemon juice on acne and leave for a while and wash with water.
- Helps with weight loss: Lemon juice help with losing weight. If you’re having an issue with weight and you wish to lose that extra flab, then you should drink lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey early in the morning.
- Strong nails: When lemon is combined with olive oil, it can be an effective nail hardener. And interestingly, the application this solution will not only strengthen weak and brittle nails, it will also whiten and brighten yellowing nails.
- Cures and prevent cold and fever: The high content of Vitamin C in lemon can help in curing and preventing of cold, flu and fever; because it aids the production of antibodies and white blood cells which can fight against the microorganisms in the body. And being a powerful agent of blood purifier.
- Increase Iron Absorption: The mineral iron is vital because it helps the blood carry oxygen to the cells and produces energy for regular cell function. Both the citric acid and vitamin C found in lemons and limes facilitate your body’s absorption of non-heme iron, which is the iron found in plant-based foods. So next squeeze some lemon juice on your next salad, spinach, or grilled veg!